My new tapestry arrived on Saturday, and I took it to Palmerston North (knowing I'd have long evenings to myself and no university work to do just yet). It's really complex, but I'm going to complicate it a bit more...! And it's even better in real life than in this picture.
I have tackled religious subjects before, but not one this large or this intricate. I started in the bottom left corner where the blue robe flows like a flower, and love the effect of the rich colours if the floss. I'm also liking the new gadget I got for tapestry a while ago that I hadn't had a chance to use: a kind of roller frame, so it's kept properly stretched but I can only see about a third of the canvas (which keeps it manageable).