11 November 2009

Swirling mind

There's a lot going on in my mind right now. Maybe it would help if I put it all out there on paper - well, the electronic version at least.
  1. I have been accepted by the Community of Solitude, but am now playing a waiting game to see if my vocation is going to be endorsed by our diocesan Bishop. As an act of faith, I've made my habit tunic and am going to do the scapular too: the veil and collarette have to come from overseas as I can't make those! My meeting with the Bishop is not until 9 December so I've got a bunch of time to think about this. This delay also means I may not be received before Christmas.
  2. One of the Guardians of the Community is having a triple heart bypass right now US time.
  3. Hubby and I are investigating adopting another child. We cannot have another biological child, but since we were approached about private adoption, we are beginning to entertain the idea of entering the Waiting Pool. However, it is a fairly fraught process - we were at an information evening tonight and although we didn't learn anything we didn't already know, we are now seriously contemplating working through the process and seeing where it leads.
Our daughter is staying over the night at her grandparents and hubby is out - the house is very quiet and I'm quite edgy because I have a lot on my mind. I have been praying, and I think I'll head to bed soon: I'm tired and it's really cold for November! I keep handing those things over to God but then I secretly squirrel them all back again so I can worry about them some more....

No comments: