20 December 2009

Vesture

Today was my vesture/provisional profession in the Community of Solitude. Our vicar took the service as it was a little too difficult for the Community to call in even via skype, as it was the middle of the night for them. It was a beautiful service, and it was amazing to finally stand vested in the habit in front of my church community, and have our vicar introduce me to the congregation as Sister Therese for the first time. My inside is now on the outside and St James' Church now knows what I've been up to for the past 10 years.

My wonderful husband and daughter helped me put on the habit and there are some photos to come and a video is up on YouTube. I was so delighted that Mum and Dad were able to come, and so were hubby's parents.

I'm now sitting quietly in the simple version of the habit (skirt and veil) having a bit of a break while small daughter is watching Hi-5, before the BBQ with the in-laws and the Nine Lessons and Carols service that I'm singing at tonight. Today has been a big day and there's so much I need to think about, but right now I'm absorbing the big change - and tonight I'm in habit again for choir, with the delight of the choir - and the Governor General and his wife will be there! Eeek!

No comments: