- Sorry for the flight delays, Europe. We were aiming for London, but it's hard to be accurate when firing a volcano.
- There's no pleasing the English. The last time they got the Ashes they were over the moon.
- Iceland goes bankrupt, then manage to set their island on fire. Insurance scam written all over it.
- I think it's too soon to make jokes about the Icelandic volcano…we should at least wait until the dust settles.
- Time for the USA to attack Iceland for possessing weapons of mass disruption.
- The last wish of the Icelandic economy was to have its ashes scattered over Europe.
5 May 2010
Quotes of the day: volcanoes
Some thoughts following the recent disruption to international air travel after a volcano in Iceland erupted.