12 December 2007

Self-satisfaction

I love the feeling of satisfaction you get when you leave a single-page letter on your boss' desk that starts 'I wish to formally announce my resignation....'. The warm, fuzzy glow it gave me started last night when I wrote it and lasted all day today, which was good, because the rest of the day was pretty ordinary (except for lunch). Hubby and small daughter met me for lunch and we went to Maharajah's Indian restaurant in Petone. Fabulous food, great prices, and the staff there could give graduate lessons in public relations.... best Indian I've ever had, actually. The other good thing was catching all of the staff individually and telling them - and with the ones I'm closer to, telling them why I was leaving. I was quite touched with some of the comments from them too: apparently I will be missed!

I'm looking forward to meeting the new addition to the extended family that arrived very early this morning: one of my cousins had a baby daughter (child number three) today, and the photos I've seen show one very wrinkly, tired, cute little person sound asleep in her mum's arms. Apparently children nos. 1 and 2 are very impressed with their small sister, which is cool.

Anyway, I think it's time to go and pamper myself. Recently I got my hands on a new Lush face mask that is doing wonders - my sister introduced me to Lush and I was amazed because there were actually interesting skincare things that me-of-the-dreadful-problem-skin-allergic-to-everything could use. This particular mask is called 'Love Lettuce': it's the colour of sushi seaweed, smells a bit like lettuce that has gone slightly off, and is the most wonderful thing on my skin I've ever experienced. Because of my allergies, I missed out on all of that teenage obsession with skincare and it's amazing to finally discover fun smellies that are safe for me (mostly - I still have to read the ingredients pretty carefully) - in fact, this is the first time I've ever used a mask! I have to time it until small daughter is firmly asleep because otherwise I a) don't have time, and b) might scare her if I had to go and pick her up!

Pachyderm

No comments: