27 February 2009

Running, walking, and flyovers

Today was a running-around kind of day: lots of work to catch up on after 2 days out of the office (I had about 50 emails to deal with when I got in, and about another 30 arrived during the day...) and haring around at lunchtime sorting out some personal stuff. However, I don't feel as though the day unravelled. Sometimes when it's that busy, I feel like I'm being pulled in about 20 directions at once and don't know where to start, but today felt reasonably focused and was really productive.

We're hoping to "do the walk" of the Dowse-Petone motorway upgrade tomorrow, before it opens to traffic on Monday. I've been driving through this development for over 18 months, and I'm looking forward to it opening (it will speed up the trip through to the motorway heaps). I remember walking the Ngauranga Gorge flyovers as a small girl before they opened to traffic - I guess I was probably 5 or 6 - and it's one of those memories that means a lot because they were only open to foot traffic that one time. We'll take the rugrat, and so she can remember walking this one. We're only hoping the weather co-operates - it's supposed to pour with rain!

Pachyderm

No comments: