27 June 2009

When they are a blessing...

Small daughter and I had a lovely day today. She came and crept into my bed just before 7, and we cuddled up together and both fell asleep again (which was nice!). I gave her the choice of what we were to do this afternoon, and it was another trip to the museum... I did invite my parents to come with us as she wanted to see them, but they wouldn't come (which disappointed both of us).

But all in all it was a good day, and there were plenty of wonderful moments - including tonight over dinner, when small daughter said, quite spontaneously, "Thank you for the lovely dinner, Mummy!" And then a couple of minutes later, she looked up at me and said, "Mummy, I really love you!"

There are times when it is seriously rewarding being a parent!

Pachyderm tssf

No comments: