2 May 2010

Travelling again

Another day, another hotel - this time Rotorua. I haven't been in Rotorua for at least 10 years and am hoping I might get a chance to look around a bit after training, although I don't think that many of the touristy places are open after 5, which is a pain. And it's autumn so the sun sets around 5.30-6pm.... We'll see. I'd like to have a look at some of the geothermal stuff again!

Oh, on the professional front, some good news. NZ Institute of Safety Management (NZISM) has recently joined the UK Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), which is all good news. I'd joined IOSH a little while ago, as I think it might give me better options later. The good news is that the qualification I'm working on is up before IOSH for accreditation to what they call "GradIOSH status", which then can lead onto Chartered status. Now all I have to do is finish it....

No comments: