10 October 2011

Goodbye to my hero

A few weeks ago I discovered that chivalry is called Mils Muliaina. Last night he reached an amazing milestone: 100 tests as an All Black - only the second All Black to ever make that mark (Richie McCaw was the first a couple of weeks ago). And tonight, he announced his retirement, because he broke his shoulder in our quarter final against Argentina last night (which we very nearly lost, but that's another story).

So, goodbye, Mils. You've been an amazing All Black. I've loved watching you carve up teams over the years and I will miss watching you. You're also an amazingly kind, gracious, all-around nice guy, so I really hope that there are some good things in your future. I'm really sorry you didn't get to help us carve up the Australians next week, and then get your mitts on the Webb Ellis Cup the week after that....

No comments: