13 August 2013

Spooning around

One of my friends on Facebook posted a link today to a story that had me completely stunned. I'm not one usually for reposting (unless there's a seriously good reason) and I haven't reposted this story on FB, but I want to link to it here.

It's a story of a young woman with a chronic illness, trying to explain to her best friend what it's like to live and manage. It's an issue close to my heart because I live and manage endometriosis (new research recently released agrees with us that there is no cure and it will return), and the particular story is also close to home for another reason.

It's called The Spoon TheoryPlease read it. It is the best explanation of what lives are like for people with chronic illness or pain I've ever read. Fortunately at present my supply of spoons is reasonably good, but who knows what tomorrow may bring?

No comments: